PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 25 April 2021

Ah, THAT Is Why The Paranormals Comic WasStopped!



got a message out of the blue from one of the old Fleetway managers who had seen my post mentioning the comic The Supernaturals and I was told some of my scripts were used but had been "adapted" by the editor....which is why I never got paid.  'Big surprise' there.

He also mentioned The Paranormals that I had created to take over from the cancelled The Supernaturals  because of the Tonka Toys contract ending (or whatever). It seems that Gil Page, then Managing Editor, had convinced "the men in the board room" to publish just 12 issues and some of my mock up covers were used (I seriously cannot rememberthem but I was doing mock ups all  the time back then.

Gil had told me that Scream was not the horror comic he wanted: "If you are going to do a horror comic make it a horror comic!"  And that's what I did. Today I found out a lot including that a certain rather jealous (!?) editor had actually sent copies of the contents and some of the character sketches of Paranormals to "the board" along with a strong "put the boot in" whisper.  The boardroom boys were apparently horrified -though they had no real idea about comics but...you could NOT sell this type of thing to children!

End of project.

People within comics supposedly trying to create comics spending more time blocking comic creation. British comics business in a nut-shell.


1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I have an ensorcelling urge to dislodge a wad of phlegm.

    ReplyDelete