PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 20 January 2023

Blog Name Change and Full Update

 I have spent a lot of today upgrading the Black Tower Comics and Books blog (formerly Black Tower Comic Shop News).

https://comicsshopsnews.blogspot.com/



I wondered why books were beginning to sell and found that the print on demand company I use had ****** up (again).

They recently did another price change and I re-priced all of the 180+ books on the store because "the price will not return enough money to you as a creator". What they did was re-price AFTER I repriced so that they make more money on my books than I do. 

Why are things selling? I found a large number of books had prices reduced by £1.50, £1.75 and £2.00 (U.S. just make that $). So people can buy my books at even greater reduced prices than before and the previous prices were artificially low anyway. 

What can I do? Well re-price up again. The problem is that this will take at least a week (if you know the POD process and my particular bunch of clowns you will know why). And I have things I need to deal with more urgently so I am kind of screwed for now.

But the blog is at least sorted with new links because, of course, they changed prices and that meant new links so a lot of the old ones were no good.

Who'd be a comic publisher?

No comments:

Post a Comment