PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 23 January 2023

Obscure British Super Heroes....or Just Plain Nut Jobs?






Captain Lunatic's Asylum Adventurers turned up in the post in 1988 and I found that Rich Holden had taken the two parts from Caged comic and combined them. I can only find this one issue, which does not mean that there is no second issue somewhere in Room Oblivion. 


The strip was written by and drawn by Dave Cross who readers may remember from the post on Unit 4

https://hoopercomicart.blogspot.com/2022/12/obscure-british-super-heroes-unit-4.html


The story is written by Pat Kelleher and I am sure I know that name from somewhere but whereas I can store lots of facts and info in my brain it just cannot remember names!


All you need to know is that the government man is "one of Those" and Those are aliens while They are demons and Them is a secret society and The Asylum Adventurers have powers or abilities and the long haired fella with the cane is NOT a young Alan Moore but "God"...no. I am not going there.

Is it a fun read? YES. The story was developing which is why I hope I have a second part somewhere. If not...well, not a lot I can do after 3 decades is there?

There were probably a lot of little gems like this in the zine world back then and if they are not in one of my boxes they may well be lost to time!

If you find any of Holden's publications pick them up as they are well worth reading!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment