PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 30 August 2021

Yokai Books, Hell Hounds, Review Pages and an Hackneyed Old Man at a Zine Fair

 Well, once my eyes get back to some form of normal I have my reading sorted....



One senses that "The Prof" or Xendragon are about to go travelling. Kotar and Sabuta would be the ones normally chosen but they are being far from cooperative since Mr Dilworth referred to them as "Second Level sorcerors". They are THIRD Level which us a much higher level though things are about to change.

Meanwhile the Prof has to deal with a couple Hell-hounds...and Devilina. 

Now, someone asked about photographing more art pages from review books. No. I have a crap old camera that does not take good photos and no scanner to scan -hey, if everyone wanted more art then perhaps supporting CBO over the last 10 years would have been a good option? But readers say "no" so I opt for that option also.

You get the cover and any pages that are supplied.

I note some zine events are going ahead -my circumstances stop me going to any. However, the leg end that is Paul Ashley Brown (yeah I know how I spelt "legend") will be attending the Hackney Comic & Zine Fair 2021 which is the only reson a UK based event is being mentioned.  They write:

"Next up we have the incredibly versatile Paul Ashley Brown, who produces a plethora of comics and zines. Often satirical and comedic, Paul’s work also offers moments of reflection and melancholy, all through poetic, fractured narratives."



Hang on...yep. It is definitely Old Slow Hand they are writing about. But this is your chance to (remembering social distancing etc) meet one of the UKs top comedic, I mean top COMIC creators and see how versatile he is -singing, falling down, cooking, moaning and 2000 Award Winner of the Olivier Melancholia Award (a rusty razor apparently).

But go see the giant amongst....uh...no. That would be rude. But its a real event so go and check it out https://twitter.com/hackneycomics/status/1418978181097340942

2 comments:

  1. Paul's cover looks cool. I hope the event is good... good luck to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am going nowhere to be fair...my mother told me that when I was six years old and she was right. Pneumonia 4 times and it twice trying to snuff me then respiratory infections (last one tried to snuff me, too) and the AZ covid jab lasts 6 months so NHS alert tells me I need to be "very cautious". It's life, son, but not as we knew it. Email is the only option left me or FB messenger....being the King of British Comics it gets lonely (I hear grinding teeth somewhere in middle England :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete