PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 8 August 2014

Angry

Now let me just get this feckin straight.  Two comic events have told me they have NOT listed me as a guest (even though I WAS going to them) because "Well, guests have to be involved in comics as creators or publishers -indie or mainstream" so I do not qualify?

BUT I have been publishing and working in comics over 30 years and as a professional I can vote in the Harvey Awards and others.  I'm on Lambiek and listed on over (non UK) comic data bases but I am NOT good enough to be listed as a guest?

I would LOVE to write something really strong here but this is a family safe site.

I'm the biggest publisher of Independent comics in the UK http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/hoopercomicsuk

WHY do I not want to bother any more with the UK scene?  Oh, and the organisers who wanted a favour in publicising their events on CBO?  **** off.

2 comments:

  1. Two comics events - who are these arse wipes ? Put their names up on CBO. Invitations and guest lists are at the discretion of the organizers, of course, but 'you have to be published in indie or mainstream to be a guest' - that's just an insult. That they don't know your work - okay..that they maynot like your work - fair enough.... but.that they don't recognize your work; that's just an insult. Fuckers like that are not interested in comics as a genre - just their own clique - clutch -brood- of like minded clones. Fuck them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Events? I have no idea what you mean. I said these people were dead to me and I mean it. Not giving them a single moments thought.

    ReplyDelete