PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Thursday 5 March 2015

The Krah -My Bristol show opening next week!

Not heard much from The Krah for a while so this was interesting.....


In the heart of Bristol's most bohemian district, next week I will be showing lots of my new surreal paintings in the Arts house in Stokes Croft.
 
'In my recent paintings I create pop-surreal images, my new paintings are a series of paintings focusing on revising ancient myths, giving them a contemporary twist in a surreal and Neo-mythological way. Inspired by old masters such as Hieronymus Bosch and William Holgarth.
Throughout art history from the ancient time till now, Art keeps reflecting humanity and some reoccurring themes such as religion, violence, sex and death are the most popular imagery in art history. I focus on subjects like them and many more creating complex illustrations that hide lots of different story's in each image. 

 


I am interested in the weird and the bizarre creating a visual freak show to entertain the viewer, hypnotising them as they become the explorers of my subconscious imaginarium.'


For all of you that will be attending the opening I will have lots of sketches, limited edition prints and publications that will be on sale just for the opening.

Hope to see you all there.

RSVP by replying to this email. For international subscribers and those who can’t make it to the show, please email hello@thekrah.com and request a pre-sales catalogue that will be released at approx 16:00 (UK Time) on March the 12th.

For entrance of additional guests, friends, colleagues, family and anybody that would like to come please get them to RSVP by emailing at hello@thekrah.com to get on the guest list.

Next week come to the opening of my Bristol solo show at the:
Arts House 108A Stokes Croft Bristol BS1 3RU

Opening on Thursday the 12th of March, the show will be on until Tuesday the 7th of April

view more of my work on my website: http://www.thekrah.com

No comments:

Post a Comment