PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 30 August 2015

Are You A BIG Comic Toys Fan? Lifesize Artstatues from Geraplica Sculptoys

 If you are then take a look at these!

When I saw these images I thought it w3as that old modeller's trick of posing a figure at the right angle and distance.  Boy, was I wrong!


Here is what Toysrevil http://toysrevil.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/lifesize-artstatues-from-geraplica.html writes:

"Lifesize Artstatues - in fiberglass - for sale at php 12,000 from artist sculptor Gerald Asilo of Geraplica Sculptoys - ASILO's sculpture for a "January Promo" price. Batman is a sure bet, Wonder Woman is a shoo-in, while I am on personally the fence with Superman LOL
"Buy this statues for 10,000 each plus 2,000 for delivery charge in a total of 12,000 pesos only , you can now save 6,000 pesos. Original price php18,000, now on sale for php 12,000" 
Contact them via their Facebook or email direct to g_asilo@yahoo.com

According to Gerald on his Linkedin page:

"In the 1990s my father was a sculptor for the Japanese company Craftwood. The company asked him to sculpt their own design like life-size Disney characters, Loony Toons, etc.  That was 1996 and I was only 12 years of age at that time. I was also practising how to sculpt because it's in the blood to sculpt.   Here I am now, following my father's legacy and sculpting my own designs and also what any client requires."



I just have to say that these are freaking incredible!  Now some of those "comic book cafes" need things like this!  Imagine inviting a friend into your apartment and finding The Avengers or JLA standing there -or maybe even a Swamp Thing or Man-Thing to go in your garden!

Man, if I ever get rich!!!


More images at the Face Book page!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geraplica-Sculptoys-ASILOs-sculpture-lifesize-statuescollectibles/289621347732371?fref=photo

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Been looking at this company and have interest from customers abut them. When i checked the prices shown at even the highest being 18000 pesos which includes postage, that's about £750 UK pounds.
    I asked for a price on a 7 feet tall Hulk so not much bigger than the figures shown.

    Was quite shocked when I got a quote back for over £3500 UK pounds!! Way more than the listed prices so wondering who I am actually speaking with considering I contacted them through their Facebook page!

    Thanks and bye, Steve from UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA. That is so far out of the "ball park" it's incredible. I wonder whether they see a potential client from a wealthier country they bump up the price BUT that price just is not right.

    ReplyDelete