PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 17 August 2015

I Saw. I Bought. For Comic Book References..of course

Okay, "The Prof" went a little nuts. I actually treated myself to some books from what appears to be one of the last book sellers in Bristol (St Nicholas Market).

 Total? £15 -yes, I am punishing myself over this but...
 http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81c-ft736ML.jpg
Somerset Stories Of The Supernatural
 http://www.medievalbookshop.co.uk/ajpics/AJB0011.jpg

 A Dictionary of British Folk Customs
 http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51403W0KT0L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Book of English Folk Tales and...for my "dark side":

777 And Other Qabalistic Writings of Aleister Crowley.
http://redwheelweiser.com/images/large/9780877286707.jpg
Yes, this is what you read when you walk The Path of Counter Actuality.   Also so full of material that could be adapted into comics, as I intend to do.

Tomorrow I may look into those US creature cases.........

2 comments:

  1. Something to keep you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vidi. Emi. Didici.... habui capulus. Well...not the same as Veni Vidi Vici but a bit more to the point.
    Enjoy the creature cases... the US is a hot bed of strange creatures lurching out into the spotlight suddenlyand taking people by surprise with weird ululations .... hmm...? What ? You didn't mean the US Presidential 'Race' Republican 'debate' ? Ooops. Well... ahem. Side note; keep plugging away for the mart, Terry. Someone, somewhere - church hall, maybe ?The Werburgh Festival ? Anyway. Time for the salt mines. Hi Ho Hi Ho....

    ReplyDelete