PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 14 September 2020

Comic Bits No. 3....the art of covers!

 I can usually go through a number of illoes that I want to use as a Comic Bits cover. With Number 1 I went through (just re-counted) 8 images.  Wirth issue 2 there were 7.

The cover has to be from someone featured within -what we call in the biz "the interviewee". So Terry Bave in this case.

A nice illo is a nice illo when tidied up, however, then comes m,atching thetext and font to the image!

Not sure that I will use this art piece but there are features and interviews so I'll decide at the last minute as usual.


Really, I should have a dedicated cover editor who handles this. In fact, I just hired myself back into the job after I sacked myself. Only three peanuts rather than 4 but eating is earting!

No comments:

Post a Comment