PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 20 September 2020

I Wonder About the Penny Wonder

 I know that there are a good few readers of this blog out there who are collectors of old British Boys Papers and comics. I know because a few belonged to my old Yahoo groups and some had large collections.

I have only ever seen one rather tatty copy of The Penny Wonder and I've always wanted to read more because it was one publication my grandfather used to refer to.

So, and I know I'm batting an average of 100% requests and 100% no responses, if anyone out there has any scans could they let me know? 

Most with memories of these publications are now gone and it's a shame to see these publications become forgotten.

Thanks in advance.



3 comments:

  1. The Penny Wonder looks like a load of fun! I hope you can get some more copies of it. Classic comics rule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowt in post today. When did you send the package as there are some UK delays due to Covid.

      Delete
  2. I doubt that I'll see any other issues because the people who have copies either do not scan or if they do scan will not share. As someone put it: "So, if they die the comics end up in the trash?" Get credit for keeping the old publications alive while you are I say! Oh, nothing from you in the post today.

    ReplyDelete