PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 15 September 2020

VERY Important Update


 There's a point when your body sends you signals that you have overdone things. So I decided to walk away from the Lulu problem.

A final look at things and I noticed something. I did more digging and found that none of my files had errors. Printers had not rejected books because of page counts and bindings. In fact, Lulu had fed me one crock of shit after another.

After one hour ALL books are now available.

How? Lulu's ridiculous system is to blame again. Had just one of their "non-support" people checked they would have seen the cause of the problems. They had wiped out the pricing on all 21 books so of course a printer is not going to print a book he isn't paid for.

So I re-priced (many books are now cheaper by the way) but, curiously, the system kept re-adjusting the prices (on every book) to where if I sold a copy I would not get a penny. At one point the price of Black Tower Adventure 4 was re-priced to £275.00.  The entire re-pricing was a case of price...check...re-price...check final price and that my money from sales was secure.

How ridiculous and corrupt can a business be that it just throwes out lies and fake excuses faster than Boris Johnson on a good day?

I am, however, taking the week off. I need to really assess whether it is worth continuing into 2021.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds buggier than a bug that wants to start it's own bug party and is out canvassing the streets on the look-out for more bugs! I know that point where all the stressors take it's toll, a signal that must be heeded. I hope there is something on hand to take your mind away from it. It is most difficult, especially if it is something that you have been loyal to, and been fond of doing, for so many years, to rip yourself away from it. My dysfunctional amygdala hastened the demise of my own attempts to stay with it - as Milton Caniff used to say - and I admire your tenacity to have completed so much work and have it out there on sale. Dealing with the incompetances and the frustration you've had to face and coming through it all still creative is a benchmark of achievement. Take care of yourself my friend. Hopefully the brief recharge that you've decided upon will help.

    ReplyDelete