PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 12 September 2020

I have to start updating my UK comics list

 I have to start updating my UK comics list. I have 2 boxes of 2000ADs from 1970s until I gave up in the 1990s (after the sell off), a big box of EAGLE (the 1980s New Eagle" plus about 2-3 boxes of other weeklies (excluding the Marvel UK titles).

And, yes, the decline in British comics WAS after the new fanboy editors got in -you can trace the decline in quality clearly.

























10 comments:

  1. I remember some of these covers .... ah...nostalgia...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, how does your collection compare with Gifford's now? Is there actually a term for a comic's collector that I'm not aware of? Like yourself, I stopped amassing comics material around the same time, the last of which were Heavy Metal and 2000 AD, the latter must have been when Massimo Belardinelli died. I keep hoping that some art editions would be published for Mr B. I doubt that miracle will ever happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Compared to Denis's my collection is pitiful. He collected since he was a child (I did, toobut constant moving meant a LOT was lost). I just call myself a comicker -comic fan and historian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeees. Those instances of moving that you told me about and how you lost your collection of radios, etc.

      Delete
  4. Bellardinell was a one off. Why did he work in comics? Keep collecting what you can, and what you want! It's bearing witness to the changing times! TTFN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We tend to call Belardinelli "The Maestro" -he modern sculpted, did incredible macro photography and much much more. Robert Cox's Belardinellui appreciation Face Book page has so much on it. Basically, Belardinelli loved working in all forms of art and I think he just enjoyed the work he did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little lot is over 200 comics and going by the other UK boxes...I must have a few thousand comics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That means a lot of memories to share! That's nice. Comic books are the glue of the Universe ! TTFN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However, what will happen to these collections when we have gone is another matter. I doubt any of my own family will be at all interested. Once I've relocated from this dysfunctional, rambling edifice, into something more practical, I can concentrate and categorize - hopefully - what's accumulated over the years. It would be a change, and a relief, to be able to do that. From 1840 to somewhere, at least, approaching the 20th century would be a breath of fresh air, another life. As Marvin once said - Oh no, NOT ANOTHER ONE!

      Delete
  8. えMarvin was right ...but... without relics, who will know we were ever here? Our face is in this. This is us. Us.

    ReplyDelete