PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 15 August 2020

More reviews coming up

Just posted an update on the BTC&B blog: https://blacktowerbooks.blogspot.com/2020/08/oh-yes-and-update.html

Oddly, someone pointed out to me yesterday: "You might have been in a better financial position if you'd simply promoted your own stuff over thirty plus years than that of people who didn't give a crap!"  A valid point if a bit angry.

It never ceases to amaze me how much certain persons in comics are interested in my private life and business!  "Financially -he almost lost his home a year back!" Uh, well it was just over a year ago and, thank you very much for your 'concern' but I just held on to it by doing my own legal work. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything but if that person is so concerned he can always buy some of my books to help out!

Why is that news to anyone? The one thing I have always maintained is openess and I have never made it a secret that "insolvency" about sums things up. I post regular  BTC&B sales data and there are not even the "big boys" in comics doing that. The day I post "Well, another £.75m in the bank" is the day you'll know I am either rich or lying....I'm guessing desparately lying! 😁😁😁😁

If anyone has a question -ask it. Unlike 99.5% of the 'comic pros' I'll tell the truth.

For some reason yesterday there were more views of CBO from the UK than in its entire internet life time going back to the 1990s. Views out numbered those from Russia and the United States. No idea why. Today it's back to normal with the UK in 4th views source ranking place.

The internet is crazy and it is 2020 after all.

As I wrote yesterday: if you publish a comic in the UK then send a copy along. You can get my postal address by contacting me on the CBO Face Book page. I'm interested in seeing what others are doing with the super hero genre in UK zines and comics so if you are publishing that kind of thing -get in touch.

More reviews coming up so stand by.


No comments:

Post a Comment