PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 31 August 2020

The End of an Era

Posted on the Black Tower Face Book page and blog.

There are soon to be 140 books spread over 14 pages on the online storefront, Looking at these and the continuing lack of sales led me to make a decision.

I am not getting younger. I have just spent more than a decade publicising and pushing the more professionally produced books. Let's face it I am not going to make a living out of sales. People are obviously no longer interested in original comics. That is a fact of life and people go fortthe fake 'investment' comics.

I know that when I eventually to to my end (that sounds rather dirty doesn't it) my original artwork and comic collection is going to be burnt. My family has no interest and getting rid of my stuff will clear up a lot of space.There will be no original art to try to grab and make money from. If I cannot profit from my work in my life time why should someone profirt after I'm dead?

Legally, on notification of my death the online store is deleted. All the books will be gone (but I'm not going to worry about that). No "rare out of print books" to profiteer from. I am an historian as well as a comic book historian so I know what happens.

After Green Skies there is an horror anthology I want to do as well as finish the Cross-Over series. That's it. Anything I do after that is for fun and my own amusement. If 140 books do not sell why keep making more?

I'm a practicalist. And I've reached the age when I know I am not going to get rich. Spo 2020/2021 will see the last new Black Tower books. Enough writ!

No comments:

Post a Comment