PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Thursday 11 August 2016

Someone just said....

..."If you are doing something every day and you are getting nothing out of it but you just have a heap of faceless, nameless people reading who probably do not give a shit about you they just want to take and go...quit"

I love comics. I'd much prefer to spend all day writing and drawing them that sitting at a keyboard and tapping away and publishing what I could just keep in my head. I hate working at the computer.  For me it serves one function: lettering for comic strips because my fingers are crapped up.  It's the only thing I really want to use it for.

I mean, I showed the stats from earlier and here are the stats from a few minutes ago...

Pageviews by Countries

Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
Hong Kong
449
United States
377
United Kingdom
102
Germany
71
Ukraine
36
Russia
26
France
12
Saudi Arabia
11
Japan
9
Canada
8

Total straight-to-page views are 1,258 so you work it out.  For the week the views by country work out thus:

Page views by Countries

Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
United States
1967
Hong Kong
889
Germany
636
United Kingdom
495
Turkey
412
Russia
357
France
171
Ukraine
134
Saudi Arabia
133
Canada
82

That's 5, 276 -the straight-to-page stats doesn't give a weekly tally but it does tell me that July saw some 38, 127 page views.

I know who, maybe, six of those people are.  The other 38, 121.....who?

CBO has given me lots of headaches.  Taken up a lot of time over the last 17 or so years online and before when a mag.  It has promoted people and companies and do a hell of a lot more.  People and events have -and they've told me and others- benefitted from CBO coverage. Great.  They earn money...and have other jobs. I don't have that luxury.

It has not helped me earn a living (free review books are work and they do not put food on the table or pay bills).  CBO has not helped me sell any of my books.  Nor sell any of my art.

People have no interest in what I produce or sell so why am I being a free promo service for others? The "...heap of faceless, nameless people reading who probably do not give a shit.." about me. So why bother?

This is why I decided a date in my mind at which point nothing new will appear on CBO.  I just like to remind people why it will happen every-so-often.

No comments:

Post a Comment